It is no secret that falling off the fitness wagon can be an unpleasant and ultimately demotivating experience for you. Maybe you had worked out for one, three, six months or one, two, three or more years before stopping. Maybe it’s been six months, six years, a decade or more since you last worked out.
Regardless of the time-lapse, getting back to training and changing your current lifestyle choices and habits can prove like quite the challenge. Quitting regular exercise can have a considerable toll on your mental and physical being:
- You gain weight rapidly
- You develop joint & muscle pain
- You more prone to feeling fatigued
- You have less energy
- You feel less confident
- You feel stressed out
Before resuming your training, remember to choose a program that fits your goals. We recommend you watch our Real Talk video on choosing the right program.
If you’re having a hard time, the following tips can help you get back to a healthier and fitter routine:
- Start slow. Commit yourself to getting some exercise regularly by going for a long walk or running. But do it consistently until you have it in your system can move on to your intensive workouts.
- Be ambitious, but don’t overwhelm yourself. Start with something easy and at your own pace.
- Remember you can never regret exercising. Sometimes all we want to do is relax and do nothing, but that’s no good for our physical and mental health. Try to remember how good and energized exercising makes you feel once you do it.
- Schedule it. Whether it is a 5min jog or a 45min session at the gym, schedule it to make that time your exercise time. It is easier for you to commit to doing it that way.
- Get someone to exercise with you. Exercising with other people is a great way to stay motivated, don’t underestimate the importance of it. If you are interested in a group program that caters to your personal goals, be sure to check out our FIT4 group classes at https://www.hireps.com.au/fit4all/
For more of this & other great fitness-related inspiration & motivation be sure to join our Facebook Group – Fit4Life Tribe