Sneak in some extra vegetables with these scrumptious pumpkins, spinach and fetta muffins. Great for a snack or a breakfast on the go.
Makes 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Calories: 175 each C20g F7g P6.6g
STUFF YOU NEED:
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 cups coarsely grated pumpkin
- 60g baby spinach leaves, finely shredded
- 100g Reduced Fat fetta, coarsely crumbled
- 1 Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 80g butter, melted
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12-hole, 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan with paper cases. Place the combined flour, pumpkin, spinach and fetta in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Whisk the egg, butter and buttermilk in a small bowl. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin pans. Sprinkle evenly with pepitas and chia seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature.