Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible
Let’s talk about goals. I love goals; I find I work better when I have a goal in place, something to keep me accountable, something that drives my day-to-day, something that helps give me a sense of achievement.
I have loads of goals – some relate to my fitness & health, things in my everyday life and others I want to one day achieve.
Not all goals have to be huge, far in the future goals. They can be small daily or even weekly goals.
Here are a few of mine:
- Be active/train at least four days this week
- Train/compete in at least two weightlifting comps in 2019
- List 3 things I am grateful for daily
- Continue to grow Hi Reps and create a fitness gym for everyone
- Have a few hours each week away from work, home etc. to enjoy life
- Travel back to the USA, Europe in the Summer & Egypt
- Read at least two educational books in 2019
As you can see not all my goals are fitness related, some are for personal growth, some are purely for pleasure, but they are all things I want to achieve.
Remember goals don’t have an expiry date, they don’t all need to be achieved tomorrow but at least with my above goals written out, put out to the universe, I can work on different areas daily, weekly and get closer to these end goals.
It’s all about knowing what I want and now working to getting what I want. It’s not going to be smooth sailing; there will be times that I will want to give up, or even when my goals might change slightly but I know how rewarded I will feel when I get there, the sense of achievement when I can say “BOOM! Achieved!” and do a little happy dance & be proud of my accomplishments.
What are some of your goals for 2019?
Comment below, share & we can keep each other accountable.
Yours in Fitness,